Makes 4-6 Waffles
- 2 cup cooked sweet potato[Text Wrapping Break]1 cup oat or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 cups rolled oats (not steel cut)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the flax “egg,” combine 2 tablespoons ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons water. Allow to sit in the fridge for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Combine all waffle ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Lightly oil the waffle maker, then pour in batter.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until the waffle maker indicates it is ready.
- Top waffles with warm syrup and additional toppings. Optional topping ideas include toasted pecans, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, banana, and/or nut butter.