The following selections have made it past our taste bud test and into our top eight this issue. Step out and give them a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- If you are looking for a quick, late-night snack, head downtown to El Capitan’s and order a Pirate of the Chilibbean. A large helping of housemade chili is added to their classic beef hot dog, with the option to add bacon and cheese for extra flavor.
- The Filling Station in Fairhaven has some of the best salad options in town right now. Their Volt salad is made up of mixed greens, goat cheese, cranberries, grilled chicken, beets, onions, and hazelnuts, topped with a basil balsamic dressing.
- When you find yourself craving a simple but delicious sandwich, try the Turkey Milano at Caffe Adagio. A cut-in-half croissant is packed with turkey, provolone cheese, lettuce, and peppers, with a pesto-mayo sauce that pulls it all together perfectly.
- For a smaller meal or appetizer, nothing beats an order of Mac Bites at Aslan Brewing Co. These mini mac and cheese balls are filled with Tillamook cheese, gouda, panko, mac shells, broccoli, and spicy ketchup.
- If seafood is more your speed, check out the Thai Bergamot at Busara Thai Cuisine. This dish consists of salmon and scallops in a panang curry sauce, all resting on a bed of steamed vegetables.
- Meat lovers, look no further than the Happy Family special at QQ Li’s Chinese Cuisine. A combination of shrimp, scallops, beef, chicken, and vegetables cooked in a brown sauce is sure to satisfy any craving.
- If you need a great spot for breakfast, try The Daisy Cafe; they have a huge selection of omelets and scrambles! The California Frittata is an open-faced omelet filled with mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, garlic, and provolone cheese, topped with avocado and herbs.
- For the times you’re just craving a classic pizza, order the Austin at Pizza’zza. It is made of mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, feta, and basil. You can have it oven-fired or take it home to bake it yourself!