Featuring two freshly minted Good Food Award-winning products — Bow Hill’s Organic Pickled Heirloom Blueberries and Samish Bay Cheese’s Organic Vache — this quick and simple dish is sure to impress and delight!
The herbed vache and the brined sweetness of the pickled blueberries come together in a grilled cheese that is light, fresh, and delicious. Your first crisp bite will show you that these are not odd bedfellows, but a marriage made in heaven.
To keep it all local, try using a crusty bread from Breadfarm, herbs from Harmony Fields, and butter from Golden Glen Creamery. For other recipes using Bow Hill’s three-time Good Food Award-winning pickled blueberries, visit bowhillblueberries.com/blogs/recipes.
Skagit Valley Grilled Cheese with Pickled Blueberries & Herbed Vache
Yield: 4 sandwiches | Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes
- 8 large slices of bread (the heartier the crust the better)
- 5 ounces of Samish Bay Cheese Organic Vache (alternatives: chèvre or cream cheese)
- ½ cup Bow Hill Organic Pickled Heirloom Blueberries
- 1 sprig each of thyme, basil, and parsley
- Pull the leaves from the stems of the herbs, then chop. Fold into the vache.
- Spread herbed vache evenly on all eight slices of bread. Top four of the slices with 2 tablespoons of pickled blueberries. Place the other four slices on top and smash together gently.
- Butter the outsides of the bread and toast in a skillet until crisp, browned, and the cheese is warm. Slice each sandwich in half and serve.
For more great recipes, check out our Taste section here.